Here’s How it Works!
The Mexican National Team’s partnership with the Dallas Cowboys, FC Dallas, & the Dallas Sports Commission brings MEXTOUR to AT&T Stadium through 2022. Far beyond the field, this partnership aims to give back to the local community through a shared love of soccer. The Copa Kin: Read to Win, was initiated as an extension of the partnership, in order to promote bilingual literacy for K-5th grade students in the greater Dallas region.
Students in grades 3-5
February 3-29, 2020
Participating students will track minutes read each week in English or Spanish on the READsquared web site. Each week the top readers will receive a prize. (See below for weekly prize information.) At the end of the competition, the class with the most minutes read will receive the grand prize - tickets to the Mexican National Team match on March 29 at AT&T Stadium and special VIP tour.
Deadlines to Submit Minutes
Deadline: February 10th
- Minutes read from 2/3 – 2/9
FC Dallas/Mexican National Team Item
Deadline: February 17th
- Minutes read from 2/10 – 2/16
Dallas Cowboys/Mexican National Team Item
Deadline: February 24th
- Minutes read from 2/17 – 2/23
Mexican National Team/Dallas Sports Commission Item
Deadline: March 3rd
- Minutes read from 2/24 – 2/29
#MEXTOUR Grand Prizes
- Class with the most total minutes read will receive tickets to the Mexico National game and a special VIP tour
- Grade level with the highest average of minutes read per student will receive a visit from the Mexican National team, Dallas Cowboys and FC Dallas mascots at their school
- School district with the most total minutes read will receive the MEXTOUR Reading Challenge trophy
Mexico vs Greece
Support the Mesquite school district and cheer on your favorite players at the Mexico vs Greece match Sunday, March 29th at AT&T Stadium. $5 from each ticket sale goes directly to Mesquite ISD!