Here’s How it Works!
Congratulations to the winning class!
A. Benson’s 5th Grade Class at Galloway Elementary
The Mexican National Team’s partnership with the Dallas Cowboys, FC Dallas, & the Dallas Sports Commission brings MEXTOUR to AT&T Stadium through 2022. Far beyond the field, this partnership aims to give back to the local community through a shared love of soccer. The Copa Kin: Read to Win, was initiated as an extension of the partnership, in order to promote bilingual literacy for K-5th grade students in the greater Dallas region.
Students in grades 3-5
February 3-29, 2020
Participating students will track minutes read each week in English or Spanish on the READsquared web site. Each week the top readers will receive a prize. (See below for weekly prize information.) At the end of the competition, the class with the most minutes read will receive the grand prize - tickets to the Mexican National Team match on March 29 at AT&T Stadium and special VIP tour.
Deadlines to Submit Minutes
Deadline: February 10th
- Minutes read from 2/3 – 2/9
FC Dallas/Mexican National Team Item
Deadline: February 17th
- Minutes read from 2/10 – 2/16
Dallas Cowboys/Mexican National Team Item
Deadline: February 24th
- Minutes read from 2/17 – 2/23
Mexican National Team/Dallas Sports Commission Item
Deadline: March 3rd
- Minutes read from 2/24 – 2/29
#MEXTOUR Grand Prizes
- Class with the most total minutes read will receive tickets to the Mexico National game and a special VIP tour
- Grade level with the highest average of minutes read per student will receive a visit from the Mexican National team, Dallas Cowboys and FC Dallas mascots at their school
- School district with the most total minutes read will receive the MEXTOUR Reading Challenge trophy